What is a Fixed IP Data SIM?
A Fixed IP SIM is a data SIM card with a Public Fixed (static) IP address. This provides a secure and reliable 2-way connection between you and your device from any location. Anvil’s new generation of multi-network SIMs will work on O2, Vodafone and Three UK networks at 2G, 3G and 4G LTE standards and selects the strongest signal at each site location. No matter which operator is being used, the Anvil SIM will retain the same Public Fixed IPv4 address. If the network initially chosen fails for any reason, the SIM will connect to the strongest remaining signal delivering resilience as well as maximum performance. As an option, our Fixed IP SIMs can be pre-configured with a router and dispatched in unison to provide a ‘plug & play’ service.
- A Fixed IP address enables inbound internet connections for secure M2M remote management, monitoring and control
- The Fixed IP address can also be used as an identifier enabling access to applications and resources protected behind a corporate firewall.
- Data packages from 2GB up to 1.29TB a month with a Public Fixed IPv4 address.
- Data packages from as low as 10 megabytes of data allowance per month with a private fixed IP address. This very high security option extends your LAN into a secure private cloud containing the SIMs. Typically the SIMs are accessed via an IPsec VPN tunnel.
- Ideal for deploying to multiple locations where the signal coverage is unknown.
- Perfect for mobile applications and low data applications including meter readings, asset monitoring and location based reporting with dynamic IP low data UK roaming SIMs
Fixed IP Data SIM Applications
Find out in the videos below why Anvil’s Fixed IP Data SIMs are saving thousands
in human labour fees and Mobile/Remote Broadband!
Lock down and control the internet access of business users. Anvil SIMs can be incorporated into a managed VPN using private IP addresses with the data traffic securely delivered to our customers corporate network. This implementation allows for internet access to be controlled by forcing the connection through our customer’s corporate firewall and internet gateway so that users have the same protection and control as they would have if they were connected to the office network. If even greater control is required, Anvil SIMs can be programmed to only access a specific application and have no public internet access at all. This capability allows for general purpose devices such a a tablet PC to become a single purpose device ( SPD ) dedicated to a specific application.