What is a Fixed IP Data SIM?
A Fixed IP SIM, or sometimes known as a Static IP SIM, is a data SIM card with a Public Fixed (static) IP address. This provides a secure and reliable 2-way connection between you and your device from any location. Anvil’s new generation of multi-network SIMs will work on O2, Vodafone and Three UK networks at 2G, 3G and 4G LTE standards and selects the strongest signal at each site location. No matter which operator is being used, the Anvil SIM will retain the same Public Fixed IPv4 address. If the network initially chosen fails for any reason, the SIM will connect to the strongest remaining signal delivering resilience as well as maximum performance. As an option, our Fixed IP SIMs can be pre-configured with a router and dispatched in unison to provide a ‘plug & play’ service.
- A Fixed IP address enables inbound internet connections for secure M2M remote management, monitoring, diagnosis and control.
- The Fixed IP address can also be used as an identifier enabling access to applications and resources protected behind a corporate firewall.
- Anvil can provide 4G data packages from 2GB up to 500GB a month with a Public Fixed IPv4 address.
- We can also provide, data packages from as low as 10 megabytes of data allowance per month with a private fixed IP address. This very high security option extends your LAN into a secure private cloud containing the SIMs. Typically the SIMs are accessed via an IPsec VPN tunnel.
- Ideal for deploying to multiple locations where the signal coverage is unknown as Anvil SIMs are multi-network, allowing your devices to connect to the strongest signal presented at any one time, seamlessly switching between networks
- The Fixed IP SIMs can be bonded with multiple legs for increased resilience and failover
- Perfect for mobile applications and low data applications including meter readings, asset monitoring and location based reporting with dynamic IP low data UK roaming SIMs
Fixed IP Data SIM Applications
Fixed IP SIM FAQs
I need a Fixed IP SIM but not sure what network I need
Anvil can offer Fixed IP SIMs across all major networks on either 3G/4G LTE or 5G. Our team of specialists are happy to help you in finding the right solution for you.
I don’t need much data for my requirements
At Anvil we are able to begin tariffs from as low as 10Mb a month, and have additional data pooling and flexible tariff options to ensure our customers are always getting the best price for the usage.
I need Fixed IPs for multiple sites
This is not a problem, where the SIMs are on the same network and data allowance we can aggregate the data into a shared pool to optimise your usage
Do I need a router?
In some instances you may need a 4G or 5G router to allow your devices to connect to the SIM. We have a team of specialists who can make recommendations for suitable routers or alternatively you can browse our webstore here.
Is 5G available?
Yes are able to provide 5G packages with a public Fixed IP SIM and any supporting hardware you may require.
I need a Fixed IP for an IoT Application, is this suitable?
Yes we specialise in Fixed IPs and deploy across multiple industries and verticals inclusive of the growing IoT space. We are confident we have the solution you require. Anvil is also supported by our sister company Ritesim,who specialise in IoT connectivity and deployments should you have any specific use cases you may require further help with.